Sunday, June 28, 2009

Family is supposed to be forever? right?

So, I just recently went to a family gathering(we've actually been invited to one!) and It made me realize how torn my family is ever since my abuelita passed away. . I have so many cousins that I never get to see because our family is feuding over something that happened so long ago! I feel that we are caught in a battle that we aren't even fighting.I have no idea what they are even fighting for or who chose my side for me! If my abuelita's kids want to fight over something then let them but they shouldn't drag all of us cousins into it too. It is ridiculous that I cannot invite my whole family to our WEDDING even without some people saying that they will not go if certain people are there. Can't they grow up and realize that you are there to show your support to your family, can't they be adults and put away their differences for one day? Of Course not! I have a cousin that didn't show up to my weddding because she said I didn't go to hers. . . Pretty sure I was MAYBE 10 when she got married!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!? And her mom can look right through me and walk right past me when she sees me. . . The only one in that little fam that I can say still realizes what a family is would be my uncle. Regardless of what is going on, he will still come and say hi and give us hugs to show that he still cares. . . Some families need to realize that fighting over something trivial is not worth a whole lifetime of loneliness

0 comments: